Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Worries Justified

Monday night after a very busy day at the FCSNP clinic we left for Holbox via Maiami. Had an uneventful flight. We flew Alaska Air to Miami and everyone was very nice. I had weighed and rearranged luggage until I was overweight on only one bag. Unfortunatly my scale did not agree with the Alaska scale and we were over weight in 3 bags. Customer service was fantastic and we were only charged for one bag. Thank you Alaska Air!! We arrived in Cancun on time, went through immigration and onto customs. As bad luck would have it they were checking all bags via xray. Our bags went through, stopped, reversed, went back through and got pulled. I was asked if I had medicines in the bags and I answered yes. We were informed that everything was going to be searched and confiscated. A very nice man from SARGARPA came and asked me to show all medictions. I pulled out everything he inspected it and confiscated all injectable meds. So good by to Propofol, atropine, ivermectrine, yobine, xylazine, antibiotics, lidocaine. The official was very apologetic and went to his superior but they insisted all be impounded. He gave me the information to apply for proper import papers from Mexico City. The irony of this is that after our group went through they stopped using the xray machine to expediate the process of entry. Major bad luck!!

So plan b is under way. Drugs are being replaced by Dr. Tony and paper work is being submitted to retrieve our drugs.

Have had a very productive day organzing details with Morelia. Melanie , John, Angie and Natasha are here and helping. John and Natasha are great translators!!

More later.

1 comment:

Czazall said...

Mom, I'm so very sorry that everything was conficated! Is there anything we can do to help?

Love you!
The Kid, Kidette, and Micro Kid.